Not using the M word

From: adrian_at_odin.no
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 18:04:54 +0200

Well, it's probably time for a post without using the "m" word, enough to say that my attitude is in line with Nils Weinander and Carl Fink.

Peter Metcalf says a some things i would agree with and some which confuse me. How does your view "Historically the Wind of Heaven killed the Sun" tie with "the Sun does not cycle through Heaven and Hell by Day and by Night, because he was slain in ages past. The past is practically immaterial. It orbits the Inner World because that is a natural consequence of its interaction with the Cosmic Energies of the World Machine"?

GRoY and FS come in for a lot of quotes, unfortunately I haven't read either (BTW do Wizards of the Coast (?) mail order to the U.K. ?), but I suspect that like KoS they are written "in character". If so, i would suggest that these books aren't very good proof of Gloranthan pre-historic events.

Adrian White