Creative vs. Useful

From: Torres, Capt Timothy M <TORRESTM.HQAMC_at_MHS.SAFB.AF.MIL>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:45 CDT

David says if someone tries to post something that might be useful, the poor bastard gets shot to pieces by the so called creative types. I'm still fairly new to the glorantha list and I'm not current on "Glorantha according to GS and company." And even though I bought RQ3 when it was first published (1986?), I have still never had sorcery in my campaigns (I wanted too, but I just find it too hard to PLAY.) I've been running RQ campaigns since 1984 and have posted a variety of my own creations to this digest. Some more or less useful. So far, no one has shot me to pieces. In fact, several of the "creative types" have e-mailed me to try to help me in one way or another (with both positive and negative feedback), and several others (uncreative types?) have asked for more detail on my creations, apparently trying to adapt them to their own campaigns. There's a lot of material posted to the digest that is not immediately useful. But all of it is meant to enrich the Gloranthan multiverse. Pick out the useful stuff, enjoy the rest (or not). And it's all FREE. Lighten up.

Tim