Lodril

From: Nick Brooke <100270.337_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 27 Nov 95 03:07:06 EST

Suppression of Lodril:

>>> I wonder how they [The Pelorians] explain Argan Argar's "imprisonment" of >>> Lodril. I assume the myth isn't specific to the Holy Country.

P>> I believe it is.

M> I second Peter on this one.

Yep: to the Pelorians, Lodril was "quenched" in his old age by Oronin marching upstream. Lake Oronin is in the crater of Lodril's ancient home, Fire Mountain. The waters are warm, they still steam and bubble in some places, and you can only rarely see Castle Blue's towers through the mists.

Paul:

> On a related topic, Where are the Humakti Holy Sites in Prax, and where are
> the temples to Humakt, and what is their size?

The only static Humakti Temple in Prax is a poky little one in Pavis, as far as I know. Some Humakti will regard any place to do with war and death as a Holy Place, and there are plenty of these in Prax, but (owing to a chance encounter with Biturian Varosh) people think there are always Humakti at Tourney Altar (which is seemingly an ancient amphitheatre). Me, I think they're wrong.

The few Praxians who worship Humakt move with their tribes, and I don't know where and when they get together.

Nick