Illumination and the Lunars

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 1996 23:28:42 -0500 (EST)

On the rules line, Theodore Posselt asked a question that more properly belongs here: given that illumination is supposed to be reached by NOT trying for it (sort of a Calvinist "election" model?) and that its results are supposed to be unpredictable, including insanity and loss of pre-existing beliefs (though not in all cases) how can a bureaucracy be built upon such an uncertain base? I would be interested in answers from such people as Brooke (in his "traditional" Lunar-loving, rather than his new Squid personality: I knew that meddling with chaos could produce bad results, and expect to see him emerge as a Shambler at any moment), Petersen, etc., as well as any others with bright ideas on the subject. Jim Chapin

End of Glorantha Digest V2 #420