humakt

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 12:11:03 +1200

Mike Cule:

JC>> If there can be Humakti sword broos in Dorastor, Onslaught can certainly
>> exist.

>I think that you'll find that those fellows are Illuminated, which breaks
>all the rules.

I think they're illuminated so they can break their geases rather than be able to worship Humakt. With respect to Onslaught breaking the acceptable Humakti code of conduct, I think most Sartarite Humakt Priests wouldn't allow him (or a human who worshipped Dorastran Humakt) inside their temple to sacrifice or regain rune magics etc as he is obviously not worshipping 'Death in the Service of Life' from their PoV. (However if he managed to sneak in and regain his magics thus proving that he *does* worship Humakt, they would try and kill him for being an 'obvious' illuminate IMO).

Martin Laurie:

[Martin defends Onslaught's 'stats'. Apparently it was not a joke]

>I suppose you were objecting to his capability? Well I thought about it
>and it seems to me that anybody who spends nearly thirty years constantly
>fighting and warring, much or that time spent without sleep to allow more
>time and having been on several heroquests, that they would be good at
>what they do.

The average roman fighting in the legions was in for a 25 year stint but they didn't have anything like Shortsword 200% when they retired let alone bite 160%! Compare Onslaught to Blue Annis in the Puzzle Canal (who was supposed to be a real terror for Rune Levels to cope with); he would simply kick butt. Onslaught also appears to have a good chance of taking on most of the Horrors of Dorastor and winning (frex with his 'warhelm' being immune to acid, he could headbutt the Giant Gorp that Eats Away Dorastor to death!). This should indicate to me (at least) that Onslaught is a trifle overpowered IMHO.

>So whats Harrek then? He makes Onslaught look rather small and pathetic.

Theoretically yes. Having seen the stats for Onslaught, I'm surprised he didn't feature as a (40)-40-40-40! unit in the Dragon Pass Board Game.