Morokanth ( a bit late)

From: Allan Henderson <allan_at_chem.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 1996 15:40:39 +0100

Hi,

Sorry this is a bit (lot?) late but I'm catching up on my digest mail.

Many thanks to everyone who posted material on the Morokanth. This was all top notch material that I intend to use IMG.

The one thing that bothered me was the attitude that some people implied that the other tribes had towards the morokanth. I agree that the human tribes will have a great dislike of them, but IMG the tribes will treat them only a little worse than they would any other tribe of prax. It was also implied that morokanth would eat sentient humans. I would dispute this, this would be in direct violation of the covenant and I believe that they go out of their way to avoid this, using the beast training skill to identify a normal human in a herd to avoid any such accidents.

I play it that the human praxians know only too well what a herdman is, but they use the rumour that they are mindless people to turn the incomers (lunar settlers) against the morkanth. A bison rider would not think twice about raiding and eating animals from a morokanth herd, any more than he would be revolted at the thought of eating an impalla. However he would consider eating the bodies of any morokanth killed in the raid to be repulsive.

All IMHO.

Allan