Re: troll love & Curse of Kin

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 96 15:27:03 -0500

ian gorlick:
> I still believe that this association of darkness and fear is
> anthropocentric...

        Your players aren't humans?

Andrew Joelson
>Stop thinking about humans, and start thinking about trolls. Troll
society is >driven by fear and obediance to the 'mothers' (correct me if I'm wrong, Sandy).

        For a troll, Fear and Love are part of the same emotion. Those whom they Love, they also Fear. Sometimes Fear is stronger, sometimes Love.

        It is also possible for a troll to Hate and Fear someone. (I.e., they don't _have_ to love you to fear you.)

        But of course, as any sensible person knows, Hate is NOT Love's opposite -- the two emotions are quite near to one another and readily transform.

        The opposite of Love is Indifference, BTW.

James Frusetta
>Just for curiosity's sake: did any Trolls continue to stand behind
Gbaji
>after the Uz representitives broke from the council?

        A few probably did. I don't think any group as large as a clan did so.

>I would be interested if there are remnants of a Loyalist Uz
faction which _do >not_ suffer from the Curse of Kin.

  1. Any pro-Gbaji trolls were certainly exterminated, root and branch.
  2. Pro-Gbaji trolls also suffered the Curse of Kin. Nysalor might have promised them that when his Light filled the universe, the Curse would end, but given that Nysalor did not send the Curse against the trolls, he could hardly keep it from affecting their race.

Nick E.
>The trolls are more scared of the Darkness than anything.

        I strongly agree. The mistress race are the way they are partly because they have no hope. Filled with emptiness, they have found strength in their barren knowledge. The Darkness holds horror, even for them.

>And who knows what other secrets are kept safely away from us by
Subere ...?

        The ingredients of British sausage, for one.

Sandy P.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #4