Subject: RPG children

From: ANDOVER_at_delphi.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 00:35:44 -0500 (EST)

Well, as one of the older gamers around (born in 1941, which puts me at the top limit of the TotRM survey) and someone whose gaming experience dates all the way back to Gettysburg with rulers, I naturally raised my two sons on board -- and then role-playing games. Someone else would have to judge whether it affected them positively or negatively. David, the younger son, ended up as the President of the Fantasy Gaming Society at Brown. All three of us, plus my wife and some of David's friends, attended the American RQ Cons.
The main advantage was always having people to play with -- and, of course, a fairly close relationship with both my kids. Jim Chapin