Elmal again!

From: Bryan John Maloney <bjm10_at_cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 1996 11:44:36 -0500 (EST)

> In the south, they worship Orlanth's loyal thane who gave his
> best weapons as gift for his lord when he began the lightbringer
> quest. Because of his generosity he was beaten by Zorak Zoran,
> he nearly was frozen by Inora and barely survived the chaos
> parasites.

Interesting--it preserves the same outcome of the Hill of Gold battle. My own Elmal is different. He's the loyal thane who was given his weapons back by Orlanth after he surrendered on the bridge. The Elmali/Orlanthi version of that battle is that Orlanth and Elmal only fought a couple of passes at the bridge, each time intersperced with some appropriately "heroic conversation". Orlanth convinced Elmal of the righteousness of his cause, and Elmal surrendered. Orlanth then returned the surrendered weapons and Elmal defeated ZZ at the Hill of Gold.

The cultic results are significant. Elmal still has fire spells, but does not have things like "lantern" or other forms of "sustenance" magic that Yelmalio had to learn after his defeat.