Talkin' with Tim

From: BiturianV_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 18:25:35 -0500

Timothy Byrd quoted my blurb on the new Cult of Chaos and then said:
> Officially, STARRY WISDOM is the journal of the newly forming Cult
> of Chaos (yeah, I remember that CULTS OF TERROR said you should
> never play any of the Chaotic cultists, but no one ever pays
> attention to warning stickers, right?).

Now there's a quote to warm the heart of the mass media... What if some investigative reporter searched through the Glorantha Digest archives looking for juice? Yikes!

*(*(*(*(
Hmmm, I grant that my odd joke about the predominant Cthulhu flavor of STARRY WISDOM was too well-disguised as a comment about Glorantha.

To be clearer about the Cult of Chaos, let me repeat that it's a fanclub for all Chaosium's games. Its name was chosen because Chaos gets shouted in the company name and echoes through most every product line (Cthulhu, Elric, Nephilim, and maybe not Pendragon). Personally I wouldn't have chosen to call the fanclub a cult, but oh well.

I doubt I'll use the Cult of Chaos as the organizing point for Gloranthan fandom precisely because I don't want to use Chaos as the basis of a Gloranthan fan organization. There are more creative paths to use into Glorantha.

Later,
Rob Heinsoo
Chaosium