Population distributions

From: Owen Jones <odj_at_maths.uq.oz.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 12:53:11 +1000 (EST)

Is there anyone out there with concrete data on age distributions for nomadic hunter-gatherer communities?

I'm looking at a Balazaring clan (as found in the environs of Griffin Mountain), and wondering, on average, how many adolescents would come of age in any given year. Figures for the average number of hearths, children and adults in a clan are given, but I want more! The reason being that I'm interested in starting a group of characters at the annual coming of age brou-ha-ha, and would like to have an idea of how many NPCs would be floating about, coming of age, and also trying to impress the clan's Great Hunter.

Owen Jones, Maths Dept, Univ of Queensland, St Lucia 4072, Australia Ph +61 7 3365 3262 (direct) 3365 3277 (secretaries) Fax +61 7 3365 1477 Home page http://www.maths.uq.oz.au/~odj/