Martin Laurie's Survey and Shargashi

From: gswitzer_at_loop.com
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 18:27:57 -0800

        I own a game store here in Santa Monica (well away from the O.J. trial site, thankyouverymuch) so let me speak from the retail end of things. As a rpg not put out by TSR, RQ has sold pretty well *when there has been stuff to sell* compared to products put out by Steve Jackson, White Wolf, etc. My customers (both players and GM's) tend to want two things for their games, places to go and things to do. Those RQ3 sets that have been published by AH have done this well in some cases (RoC, SC, Doraster) and not so well in others, but there just hasn't been enough to maintain interest. So what I want to see are sourcebooks on interesting places like SW Prax, Teleos, etc. with well-drawn maps, and adventures set in those places that add color, detail and provide jumping off places for continuing campaigns. FASA has done a swell job of this with their Earthdawn line, so why can't Chaosium? Heck, Chaosium has done this with Elric AND CoC.

        On Shargashi: What happens to a Shargashi who becomes Illuminated? Would this be a Bad Thing or a Good Thing?

        Oh, and I might as well repost my orginal question while I am at it...

        Would a Gloranthan sundial differ much from a RW one, and would the Yelmies use them?

        Gary R. Switzer--Aero Hobbies