harrek and brides

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 15:25:13 +1300

Harrek the Berserk:

I suggested that Harrek the Berserk no longer be able to control bears since he is apostate. Loren and Erik have replied that he could control them out of sheer fear. This is plausible although Harrek does not make much use of his bear control powers (not even for Elijahan enormities) in what tales we know of him.

Erik Sieurin:

>I think of Lords as being of two types: ecclesiastical and mundane.
>Thus, IMG a Bishop is of the Lord caste.

Which is interesting in the case of Rokari immobility. I can see that in some cases, a secular lord may pack the church with relatives to ensure harmony between the church and the state, but does a wizard who rises through the ranks to become a Bishop or Abbot become a Lord?

If it is unlawful for one of wizard caste to marry or raise a family, then this solves exactly who sleeps with the Brides of Rokar to create new Wizards...