Re: Tales Scenarios

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:39:48 -0500

Sorry to be out of touch; I'm just back from a week on the Nile with Julie. There's been too many Digests to catch up all at once, but this one message is *important*.

Loren wrote:

> I had always thought that TotRM discouraged scenario submissions on
> the grounds that they emphasized the RQ game system, and TotRM was
> trying to emphasize the non-roolz parts of Glorantha. At least that
> was what my brain carried out of my readings of the old Tales
> submission policies, from years back. Has that changed?

It would be hard to be more wrong!

"Tales of the Reaching Moon" desperately needs good Gloranthan scenarios written for the RuneQuest game system. We have *never* aimed to discourage such submissions, and at "Meet Tales" and "How to Get Published" panels we routinely *encourage* people to write scenarios in preference to other submissions. "Tales" prints at least one scenario (with tedious rulesy bits and all) in every issue, and they are the hardest things to get hold of.

It's not about "emphasizing roolz" (or not) -- it's about providing stuff people can actually *use* to play games set in Glorantha. Site descriptions, cult writeups or monster stats are all very well, but if you can wrap a good scenario around 'em, we'll be lapping it up and begging you for more!

Nick