Re: Multiple GMs

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 23:00:29 -0800

Denise L Calaway wondered

> Have any of you tried playing with multiple GMS-taking
> turns GMing and playing? I organized a group like this way back in (I think)
> 1984 or 85 but we didn't play in Glorantha. We used the Runequest rules but
> formed our own fantasy world to play in. It was wildly successful for a
>short
> time (1 year and half about). We had Sean Summers, Don Webb, and Guy Hale
> among others as role player - game masters.

Well, any game with Sean Summers was probably a good one! (I don't know the others you mention.)

Pam Carlson and I ran a 2-GM campaign for a while; some of the results are documented at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/pdk/pdk.html>. I think the 2 GMs worked fine. We'd collaborate on stuff like the Dragonkill Trauma Table, and usually someone could think of an adventure to run. The campaign ended due to lack of group cohesion more than anything (no two characters shared a culture, and barely that many shared languages).

And while you're pointing your browsers, bookmark <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/con5/gcon5.htm> as the place to find out about this summer's Glorantha-Con V in Victoria, BC.

End of Glorantha Digest V4 #191