Ikadz

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 01:59:23 -0500

V.S. Greene writes:

> What is the reason for Humakt's noted hostility towards [Ikadz]? I used
> that a bit in the scenario; the Yanafal Tarnils soldiers accompanying
> Aranae found her distasteful. I assumed that some of the Humakti
hostility
> would still be present in the YT cult, but they'd still work with an
Ikadz
> inquisitor.

Sounds right to me. Yanafal Tarnils (the man) had a big chip on his shoulder about people being mutilated but not killed: it's what his uncle (the Shah) did to his father (the Satrap of Yuthuppa), after the latter's arrest on trumped-up treason charges. So Yanafali (IMG at least) have a prohibition on mutilating the living, as strong as the known Humakti prohibition on messing around with corpses.

Presumably Humakt dislikes Ikadz because his methods aren't "clean" -- he uses the instruments of Death, but in an agonising and protracted manner. Steve Thomas has a lovely Humakti heroquest (which we'll *have* to publish one of these years), in which Humakt himself undergoes torment at the hands of the Torturer, during his quest to recover the True Sword...

Nick