god learners

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 22:59:07 +1300

Nils Weinander:

Me>>This premise is perfectly fine by me. But the God Learners had something
>>else which wasn't objective history and they called it the monomyth.

>However, the GL monomyth is the _closest thing_ to an "objective
>history/mythology" that we do have.

No it isn't. The bits in Trollpak, Cults of Terror, Cults of Prax etc are not GL monomyths. They are Lhankor Mhy imitations. Trollpak for example, bends over backwards to be fair to the Uz which is something no God Learner would do!

>The GLs were destroyed partly because they were too close to the "truth".

They *had* the truth for several centuries and nothing bad happened to them.