Re: Issaries, Sanctify

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 22:06:18 +0000

Brian Curley's idea of the invention of Issaries: I love it! Don't know if it's true or not, but as theories go it's nice! Not that any existing Issaries initiate will agree with me, of course...

Pam on Sanctify:
> The Sanctify spell remains active until the caster prays to regain
> another use of it, (according to RQ3).
This makes perfect sense to me and explains a lot. But I can't find it in my spell description: Advanced RQ, p67. Where should I be looking, and does it have more useful stuff?

> (BTW, sanctified items can be portable - nomads and soldiers often make
> such shrines, probably called "icons".)
Didn't someone decree, after an experience wth a certain wooden sword, that such portable temples were a Bad Thing? I can see them being an extremely useful thing to have around at times: think about a Wind Lord with a Lunar price on his head trying to regain his spells, post-Whitewall. Too useful, perhaps.

> It might also be easier to establish a shrine if one has the physical
> presence of a holy item:...

Agreed, makes sense to me. And the shrine/temple would be more powerful thereafter. But how would you abstract the greater ease of founding into Roolz? Either you can cast Sanctify or you can't...... maybe it doubles the points of the spell? Cast Sanctify 1, get Sanctify 2?

And Alex says:
> BTW -- doesn't one of the published RQ3 scenarios allude to the temple
> startup process? (SPH?)

(Feeling lost and confused: it's been a bad day): what's an "SPH"? Anyone want to point me at the scenario?

Jane Williams                        jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/index.shtml