Elmal and GLers

From: Jeff Richard <jrichard_at_cnw.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 17:39:14 -0800

Chris Lemens wrote:

>Jeff Richard cites a bunch of good stuff for why GLs could not have made
>Elmal. All good stuff that has nothing to do with my Glorantha, that is,
>cuz I ain't got none of dat stuff. In fact, IMG, there would be no
>contradiction with the stuff he quoted because the GLs were way more
>powerful than in most other people's Gloranthas. They were, IMG, fully
>capable of altering the present's perception of the past. This is why I
>prefaced what I said with "IMG", which I think is an adequate disclaimer
>that it is not canonical. Jeff, wasn't your point that MG contradicts the
>canon?

Whoops I thought you had tped "IMO" rather than "IMG". Boy these acronyms can get confusing. . .

Actually my point isn't so much that YG contradicts the canon, but more my mission to spread the gospel that "Elmal was a Great Idea". Personally, I greatly appreciate the addition of Elmal to the Orlanthi pantheon and would love to engage in GLerish heroquest to delete all references to Yelmalio (except for MOB's wonderful Sun County!) and to Yelm in Orlanthi mythos.  Unfortunately, I am not as powerful as your GLers. Pity.

Jeff