Elf trickster deity(ies), etc.

From: Martin Crim <MCrim_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 21:03:17 -0500

David Cake replying to Chris Lemens:
>>Flamal and Voria are the big dieties for pixies.
>
> Either them or they are often linked with the aldryami trickster,
>whoever that may be.

Not to resurrect this thread, which was on its way to becoming a Tiresome Topic (tm), but the last time this matter was discussed, the majority opinion was that there is no single Aldryami trickster. Rather, there are several deities with tricksterish aspects, including at least one which a God Learner would point to and say "that's a trickster aspect." According to the unified Trickster write-up in some con book or other, Trickster aspects from GoG found in elvish society are the Destroyer (which teaches Crack) and Fright (teaches Panic). I think that's a non-exclusive list.

For other kule ideas about elves, search the archives of this digest. I'm particularly fond of the idea that Aldryami graft Aldryami body parts onto trees and "write" by messing with the way a plant grows. As for their reproduction, I think that Brown Elves are monogamous but that Green ELves, with their pronounced sexual dimorphism, are polygynous. Makes for a fun culture clash. ("Promiscous greenies." "Stamenless browns.")