Immortality of Elves

From: Scott Haney <scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 97 08:41:37 CDT

Someone asked why elves do not seem to be immortal (sorry, but I forget whom). My take on this is that no individual elf is immortal, but elves as a whole are. Elves are VERY different from most other races. They have what is just about a hive mind and very little individuality and think in terms of the forest rather than the trees. The elves in fact consider themselves MORE immortal than other races are (if anything can be more immortal).

Of course, in my Glorantha, the singular of `elves' is sometimes `elvis.' :)

Baron von Moosehsunchen

Scott Haney scotty_at_olivia.cedar-rapids.ia.us Law of examinations:
1. If you are given an open book exam you will forget your book. 2. If you are given a take home exam you will forget where you live.