More elves in CoP

From: Lemens, Chris <CNU!AUSTIN3!lemens_at_cnucorp.attmail.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 12:50:00 +0000

I previously suggested a "time"line for HKE/Y preDawn. Well, there's another time line in the back of CoP (p111). It suggests that HKE got death "before" ZZ ambushed Yelmalio. Hence, I think the following "time" line is better than what Is previously said.

HKE/Y fights Oakfed in Prax and wounds him, stealing his light powers. He seeks a better weapon with which to fight. He makes a wager with the trickster and wins death. He uses it to slay Stone, Mostal's brother and a lot of dwarves. (Question: why? Were they responsible for Oakfed?) ZZ, who has been shadowing each current holder of Death, ambushes HKE/Y and steals Death. ZZ then kills Flamal. Aldrya and her kids sleep. HKE/Y rallies the elves for the IFWW in DP. HKE/Y completes the SeedQuest, causing the resurrection of Flamal, who tears open the ground, loosing the sun from Hell.

I'd really like some criticism of this outline before I start to write the myth. Be harsh.

Many thanks.
Chris Lemens