Elfs

From: Philip Hibbs <PHibbs_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 14:31:26 -0500

>On elf forests being full of fiendish plant traps:
>Rational beings don't place land-mines in their front yard.
>Any part of a forest used regularily by elves probably isn't
>trapped. And let's not forget the huge death toll such traps
>would cause for innocent forest creatures.

The Spearplant injects the seed as part of its reproductive cycle. I would imagine that for reasons of ecological balance, it does this fairly infrequently, and doesn't always hit. The elves could also cover it's pollen receptors until times of invasion, thus rendering it harmless until needed.

>Does anyone but Alex & I care about this stuff? Should we take it to
>private e-mail?

Parts of this thread do seem to have wandered back to the old 'plethora of yelmaliae', which I traditionally page down past, but in the main, I'm still reading the Elf stuff. After all, they've had woefully little coverage. I'm even thinking of playing one some time if a new game starts up, or running an elf-centered game.

PHIBBS_at_compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PHibbs Tamworth, UK

| Phil Hibbs | What immortal hand or eye dare frame thy fearful symmetry? |