Re: Magic

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 13:12:32 -0500 (CDT)

 Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk> said:
> Contrary to most of the other answers, I don't think the benefits of
> waiting apply to the magical arrows generated by a multi-missile spell.
> Only the "Real" missile is capable of impaling or criticalling,

No, at least according to the RQ 3 rules. Multi-missiles can critical, but not impale (In RQ2 they can impale but not critical). Furthermore, why would the missiles not benefit for the aiming? Are you suggesting that multi-missiles ignore all modifiers to the to-hit roll? I might ban aimed multi-missiles on account of excessivly gross effects, but not on an internal logic reason.

{chop}

> If the allied spirit is bound into an inanimate object, (like a humakti
> sword, for instance) there is the additional question of other magic
> point/spell or spirit holding enchantments or crystals that are part of
> the same object. Presumably a Humakti or his allied spirit could use
> the Bladesharp IV Matrix engraved on the blade of his sword, but can
> both use the magic points stored in the crystal on the pommel?

You must be in physical contact with the crystal (or POW storage matrix) to use it. I would presume that a spirit that inhabits the sword is always in contact with the pommel. The sword owner can use the crystal by touching it.

Kevin