(Non-)chaotic Telmori?

From: richardc_at_sypte.co.uk
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 11:03:55 +0100

I seem to have started something by my brief mention of Gloranthans' attitude to the Telmori.
_

Thomas Gottschall goes to some length trying to prove that the Telmori are not chaotic. I have two comments on this. Firstly this seems a little abstruse - who but the odd Telmori scholar in the knowledge temple of Nochet (I mean scholar of Telmori matters, not ... you know what I mean) cares about such "details of history"?
_

Secondly, I mentioned the Telmori in the first place as an example of the danger of drawing too much on the attitudes of player characters rather than the great mass of ordinary Gloranthans. The point was that PCs seems to be more hard and fast in their attitudes. At the risk of making another sweeping generalisation - Sartarite clans seem to be much more flexible about their willingness to co-operate with the Lunar occupiers than is the case with many a PC of my acquaintance.
_

Could it be that to the average Sartarite (for example) a bit of chaos curse is just an extra reason to hate the guys who are already raiding your cattle rather than the be all and end all basis of a genocidal campaign? If so then Thomas' desperate attempts to prove the non-chaotic nature of his kin serve no purpose other than to ease his troubled conscience. 8-)
<that's a _big_ grin, Thomas>
_

Richard Crawley
_

richardc_at_sypte.co.uk (work)
richstella_at_aol.com (home)
...another spinner of strange and gauzy threads...