Duckies? I'll give you Duckies?

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 1997 00:20:25 GMT

Paul Chapman <mercutio_at_btinternet.com> unwisely said:
> The Duck Point Ducks favour Humakt because Ducks look silly and have
> natural roguish or cowardly tendencies. This leads to a _lot_ of anti-duck
> racism, especially accusations of being disreputable and dishonest. This
> is mostly true, so it is thought that the seemingly-paradoxical tendency of
> Ducks to worship Humakt is to prove their honour, bravery, etc. to the
> world - they have something to prove. It is no doubt handy that the
> Humakti Ducks are around against incursions from Delecti's marshes, though!

I showed this do the boys down at the DOG AND ZOMBIE in Duckpoint.....

The only printable bits of their replies were:

"Look silly? Look SILLY? Just because we don't have all our flesh hanging on the outside, just because our females don't have them great wobbly bits on front, just because we have our warm covering (which keeps us dry too!) all over instead of stuck on our heads where it's no use, he says we look silly?"

(There was some incomprehensible muttering here about someone's cousin Howard who apparantly has a thing for human women...)

"Cowardly? Now that is the final insult! Send a sorcerer around to shrink HIM to three foot in height and see how he likes facing Delicti's Undead Hordes. Hah! And giving just the Humakti (very gracious of him) the credit for keeping them back. What about the boatmen? Eh? Eh? What about the slingers and the skirmishers? Eh? Eh?"

There was much more of this kind and I think that Paul should avoid Southern Sartar and especially the riverine bits for a while. And beware of sudden stabbing pains in the lower leg....

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.