Re: God Learners on the list

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_interzone.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 20:06:20 +0100 (BST)

Sandy Petersen classifies:
> Alex, Peter, Joerg: God Learners

Given Sandy's professed admiration for the GLers, I can only take this as a most generous compliment.

Joerg observes:
> Seems that a God Learner has to deny being one...

Makes a certain amount of sense; at least one strand of God Learnerism seems to involve, when not busy Exploiting the pagan gods, or Believing in them, to argue about them in pseudo-Academic style. (I'll leave aside the question of whether academics usually either believe in, or exploit their subject matter.) Therefore being a God Learner probably requires that one thinks _other_ God Learners are full of it, and will get tenure at Jrustela Yoonie over Their Dead Body with heretical views like that, etc, etc.

> Call me a Theyalan Council person...

Actually, I was about to nominate _Carl_ as a First Council type. Sandy is too, of course: and I think we can even safely say _which_ member he is...

Pseudishly,
Alex.