Broo insemination

From: Dave Bailey <db_at_uk.hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 1997 09:39:35 +0100

Vampire Bats (Can't remember their correct name) secrete two additional = things in their saliva, one to stop the blood clotting and keep it free = flowing and the other as a local anesthetic. It seems to me that the = Broo lavae would be too obvious if they a) Impregnated a sentient = creature who could do something or b) the creature was obviously = pregnant at the wrong time of year.

It may be that Broos can only really exist in the "wilds" but your = problem relates to the impregnation of animals under the control of = sentient creatures. The length of gestation is not relevant if you = can't really tell they're pregnant. I therefore suggest that Broo Larvae = a) don't take up much space or cause water retention so there's no = visible sign and b) it secretes somethings to keep the creature = "comfortable" after all if it starts acting in pain or is physically = compromised then it won't survive to full term unmolested. It'll be = taken by a predator or dealt with by the herder.

As the Kralori say - may you live in interesting times.....

Dave.