Troll Wood Zorani

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 97 19:04 MET DST

James Frusetta has
>A question -- most of the people posting on the Kitori affirm they see
>Zorak Zorani residing there. Elf debate aside, I find that interesting
>since ZZi don't strike me as the sorts to get along with Orlanthi
>(particuarly since they can't get along with their inter-troll rival cult,
>the Karrg's Sons).

>Is the cult of Zorak Zoran different in the Shadowlands/TW, more amiable?

Not IMO. However, they get lots of fun out of going to the Foulblood Forest.

I don't know whether the Foulblood Forest has (or had) a Great Tree, but if so, wouldn't it turn the Zorani nuts to rip it apart, burn it down, whatever, and see (or darksense) it regenerate again?

ZZ may be infected with Arkat in southern Kitori lands, even though I don't believe Arkat ever fought the Footprint monsters. If so, they might be devastating to those parts of the forest between themselves and the chaos enemies (just like Arkat was in Aggar and Talastar), but if so, would a hypothetical elf population really care? After all, the Foulblood Forest is an open sore in Aldrya's body.

>(IMO, ZZ differers widely from troll stongland to troll strongland, so
>they might be more cosmopolitan in the OOO's old empire than in DakInk.
>No lynching of Lightbringers, human sacrifice limited to the weekends,
>zombies created with cheerful grins, etc.)

I don't think that the ZZ in the Shadowlands would have won the friendly neighbour award. Apart from constantly being mothered by the KL priestesses, pesky AA's son orders them around here, and releases them way to seldom, and too late (as the Machine Wars showed...). And there are all the Humakti to annoy and kill, too...

>Alternatively, did some notable
>past Zorak Zorani TW leader reconcile the cult with the Orlanthi? (Perhaps
>sealing the deal by trading a spirit magic, available through the spirits
>of the two leaders who worked out the comprimise).

Arkat?

>Or are the ZZi
>segregated off into their own communities along the border with the Chaos
>Woods?

Most likely. I certainly wouldn't want any Zorani running amok among the human parts of the tribe...