Re: Pharoah in Heortland

From: Jane Williams <janewill_at_mail.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:48:55 +0000

Peter Metcalfe tried to help Joerg out, suggesting;

> Belintar revolts against the King of Heortland as the Evil Emperor and
> kills him. The land falls into anarchy. Belintar repents of his rash
> actions and brings him back to life and acknowleges his right to rule.
> The King then recognizes Belintar as the High King of Heortland.

> This does imply that Belintar has to do the Full Lightbringers Quest
> but .... I envisiage Belintar's ritual as a shorter one which revives
> the King after a week or so in the otherworld.

I don't know if Joerg had noticed, but this ties in very well with some of his own writings about later events in Heortland, as found on his Web site.
King Owain:
> 1617 When the Pharaoh disappears after the Year King rites in Esrolia
> and fails to procure his next body in a Tournament of the Masters of
> Luck and Death, Owain uses the annual royal Sacred Time Lightbringers
> Quest to return the ruler and unity of the Holy Country.

Of course, it all goes Horribly Wrong, but it does look as if Owain was trying to return Belintar's favour. If he'd suceeded, which of them do you think would have been in charge?

Jane Williams                     jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/index.shtml