"Immortality"

From: cpearce_at_Incite.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:12:06 -0500

>> Steven
> Nick

> > Why would anyone want to participate in the Masters of Luck and
> > Death tourney? The big prize is that the Pharaoh gets to take over
> > your body...

> (Remember: hosting Belintar's spirit ages bodies unnaturally. Those
> tournaments could be unpleasantly frequent).

I was thinking about this yesterday. What the Pharaoh does and what the Red Emperor does seem awfully similar (at least to one like me that doesn't know any details). And it occurred to me that anyone might be able to do it through normal channels by binding one's spirit into that of a herd man (or a normal man by first using Fix Intelligence).

Since herd men are supposed to mature and wear out quickly, perhaps this explains why Belintar's spirit "ages [his vessels] unnaturally"? Wink, wink.