Ducks

From: Simon Phipp <crassus_at_dol.ru>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:39:17 +0400

Sergio Mascarenhas on Ducks:

> When I discovered Glorantha (about 15 years ago through RQ2)

Ah - one of the Elect.

> Some time ago I started to take notes on what might be the duck
equivalent
> of Troll Pack. Last month I started to explore the RQ Digest and
Glorantha
> Digest trying to find interesting stuff on ducks (and to me 'interesting'
> implies the Treat the Ducks Seriously approach).

Do you know about Duck Pond and Duck Tower - serious treatment of Ducks - also on of the RQ Adventures had a series of Duck scenarios and there is mega scenario on the Web, somewhere.

Have you heard about GanderLand the mythical homeland of Ducks during the Golden Age? (There is also a Drake Land, I think but I can't remember). GanderLand (I am trying to visualise the map) was situated on the land mass at the foot of the Spike to the South East, somewhere off the present day coast of Pamaltela and was pretty big. However, I don't know anything more about it expect that it existed despite people's attempts to prove otherwise and that Duck HeroQuestors can go there and have their minds blown away. I don't know its history, origins or how it was broken up and destroyed. Perhaps someone can tell us more.

> So when the lesser darkness came, they found themselves by the
> side of Humakt and others that choose neutrality.
Snip!
> Being neutral, they didn't fight

I beg to differ that Humakt, being neutral, didn't fight - he mixed it with the best of them, often siding with his Storm friends - there are several stories of Humakt siding with the North Wind in particular in raids on enemies. Humakt hacked and slashed his way to Glory until he regained control of Death, then he hacked and slashed some more.

Simon

Simon Phipp <crassus_at_dol.ru>

"Trust me, I know what I'm doing" - Sledge Hammer!