Final comments on A feminine plot and more on ducks

From: Sérgio Mascarenhas <sermasalmeida_at_mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 23:47:01 +0100

After I wrote and posted A Feminine Plot, there were several male writen repplies very critical to my proposal. In my repply to those criticisms I finished by asking:
> aren't there any women to comment on the issue?
By coincidence in the same GD Jane Williams commented my writings.

I also said:

        >What I would like to see is an approach to Glorantha that is distinctively
feminine. An approach were everything is narrated from the point of view of women (...) Or maybe what I just said is just a refection of male byas and there is no
feminine point of view.

I suggest that you compare the repplies to my writings posted by men whit the comments writen by Jane.

No further comments on this issue.

Jane Williams on ducks, Humakt and Issaries: I have to think more about it. The main issue here is that IMO ducks shouldn't have a very visible and important role in those gods mythology.

And to finish... more on ducks:

The legend of the Golden Duck
There was a time long ago when the king of Yelm's worshipers captured the greatest of Eurmali friends. The proud warriors with long lances and golden helms turned the friend into the center of their jokes and malice. But Durulz started to laugh until the warriors became silent. Them he made jokes about the shades in their hearths. The king listened to his words and just smiled. But he was worried since the words of our duck were true. Finally the king spoke and he said: "Durulz, traitor of Yelm, accept to stay by my side telling me the truth whit a laugh and I shell stop persecuting your people". That's how the duck became the king's jester and remained in the king's castle until he was very, very old. Each day his sayings became more and more wise, more and more truthful. He himself was changing: he became more quiet; his feathers turned to gold; his arms changed into wings. One day, he just flied away to join Yelm above the sky. That day, man and Durulz made peace and no more duck jester was required in the court of the Golden King. (ancient duck legend attributed to the Poenants Sect)

Sergio Mascarenhas