Ancient parallells

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 1997 22:04:00 +0200

Daniel:
> Just to throw something into all this ancient feely theme: How about
> Esrolia=Minoan Crete

Seconded.

> Heortland/civilized Sartar=Mycenaean Greece

That's the way I originally thought of Sartar, based on the RQ 2 rules book...

> I'm not coming up with anything for the Hittites, but want them in too.

Carmanians? (horse-using invaders).

> Sargon of Akkad is Argrath. Well, or whatever. Who are the different heroes
> of the Trojan War? We all know Achilles, of course. He/she is whichever was
> the grossest character of the worst power-gamer in our campaign. Is Broyan
> Hector?

I used the Trojan war as the basis for a scenario set in Esrolia (Nochet City) once. The achaeans and trojans were feuding families.

As for alternative parallells, I have always thought of the praxians beings somewhat like the nomad peoples of central Asia (kazak, kirghiz, turkmen etc) rather than native americans.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689