Teshnos

From: Nils Weinander <nilsw_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 1997 11:44:26 +0200

Peter Metcalfe:

> Nils:
>
> mentioned that the Nobility of Teshnos should have an
> ascetic trait.
>
> I disagree. Just because they are associated with a distant
> sky-god does not of itself imply that they must be ascetes.

Actually that's not the reason I suggested some ascetism (in the form of abstinence from sex). The reason was that I thought it would be fun to have some symmetry in the various castes' view of the fires of Calyz. In the evening caste case it's not a question of morality and prudishness, more of a holy taboo for esoteric reasons.

> I am convinced that the evening caste has more potent magic
> than the noon caste and so on down to the morning caste.
> This applies to *all* gods IMO.

- -..
> graduation of vedic caste structure. The Caste is their because of
> a recognition of inherited spiritual merit. I want to have Evening
> Caste Solfic Drug Lords that are viewed as the Pillars of Society in
> Teshnos. Even Garusharp should see them as honorable folk. I
> want to have high priests of Furalor cross the street when they see
> a Somash villager because they fear pollution from him.

This is a pretty cool idea. I may have to change my picture of Teshnos somewhat to accomodate this.

Nils Weinander | Everything is dust in the wind nilsw_at_ibm.net | http://www.geocities.com/Paris/8689