GC V report / Australian Enclosure's and BoDR 2

From: Rex Bean <rexabean_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 17:41:25 +1000 (EST)

G'day all,

Well I am back from the USA. I have completed my Issaries heroquest and returned with over 70 kg of Enclosure, Book of Drastic Resolutions 2: Prax, Jar-eel and Trollkin t-shirts, etc. etc. Any Australians or Kiwi's interested in this stuff should contact me for a price list. I also have Issaries Inc. information to distribute.

Glorantha Con 5 was a blast. The weather was perfect and I second Nick and MOB's reviews of the activities. I certainly enjoyed myself as Count Julan and Skeggi Long Chin in the two freeforms. However residential cons are deadly (we don't have such things in Australia) as a bunch of us certainly drank too much and this left a couple of the special guests looking very seedy the next morning (not to mention me sleeping through my scheduled mini-freeform).

John Medway's Red Devastation miniatures game certainly seemed like fun and the auction had tonnes of stuff going very cheaply. I think I ended up bankrolling a significant amount of the Con with all my purchases (and I had planned to buy nothing <sigh>).

A final plea is for the next Con's organisers to talk to all the previous organisers properly before charging off on their own tangents. It was a crying shame to see a whole bunch of mistakes being repeated by the virgin organisers that I am sure I've seen/heard said before about the American cons. Pool all that experience out there for Glorantha's sake. And I might add please tell me what MOB and I did wrong at our first Glorantha Con Down Under since number 2 is happening this January (yes, we are within walking distance of plenty of late-night pubs this time; so beer will not be a problem).

Cheers, Andrew