Satyrs

From: HOWARD_FIELDING_at_cckrdc.ca.alcan.ca
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 1997 14:16 -0400 (EDT)

     Hi Guys,

     Satyrs definitely belong in Glorantha...they are listed among
     Ironhoof's beastmen in Dragon Pass [2 counters worth i believe...along
     with Centaurs, Minotaurs and Manticores].

     I don't know that i like Sandy's idea about Satyr rapists becoming
     Broo...figuratively-speaking yes - they would be treated like broo,
     but actually becoming broo? no.

     Also, IMO i believe alot of the supposed Broo sightings in the Dragon
     Pass area are actually Satyrs...Ignorant and superstitious barbarians!

     I wonder how many Satyrs have been strung up by Sartarite "Posses".

     This belief coincides with the idea the Sarter is generally less
     dangerous [now] than commonly believed and therefore there is little
     or no justification for magic proliferation among the common folk.
     [Players being uncommon folk.]

     Howard