Sartar Information

From: Lee R. Insley <maelstrom_at_usa.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:04:23 -0400

Does anyone have a write-up of the Sartar landscape, villages, culture, etc. A friend of mine once told me that the basis for Sartar was along the lines of the Germans in Roman times. From my knowledge of the Germans, it appears to me
that Sartar is more like Gaul than Germany. I say this for two reasons:
  1. Gauls was more civilized than Germany. Germany had no large towns or trading centers before the Romans got there. Gaul, however, had such places.
  2. Germany was never fully subjugated by Rome. Gaul was.

I am mostly interested in order to add a geography/culture flavor to adventures, and am trying to get a sense if people think Sartar is more like Gaul or more like Germany in terms of culture and/or geography.

Thanks.
Lee

P.S.: I view Tarsh as what was refered to as The Province (southern Gaul) in Roman provinces. The Province was conquered by Rome long before Gaul was and as several similarities to Tarsh.