Re: The Glorantha Digest V5 #239

From: Guy Hoyle the Ineffable <ghoyle1_at_mail.airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 22:23:58 +0000

When I, Guy Hoyle the Ineffable, wondered:

> > occurrence). To avoid the massive reprinting of old RQ
> > materials (aka the Kyger Litor syndrome), why not focus on a new area of
> > Glorantha instead of the Dragon Pass region? Peloria might be a good
> > region to start with, one which has had much written about it lately but
> > has not been adequately explored through gaming sources. Balazar might be
> > a good area to reopen (Return to Griffin Mountain?), even though it has
> > become a Blank Land (this status could be revoked, certainly?)
> >
> > Any other likely regions?

Nils Weinander replied:

> The East Isles! {yelled while jumping up and down}

Nils and Sandy have both done some extraordinary work on the East Isles, and they are truly an extraordinary place. I would love to see an East Isles sourcebook (including, of course, the recipe for Thousand Island Soup, which contains at least one unique ingredient from every one of the East Isles). However, it is such a mysterious and exotic place that I think it should be presented as a land of adventure; continuous exposure to the extraordinary can be like a continued diet of the richest foods, dulling even the most adventurous palate.

Guy

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_iname.com)
http://web2.airmail.net/ghoyle1/
Visit The Gamemaster's Bookshelf