RE: clarity

From: Sandy Petersen <SPetersen_at_ensemblestudios.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:02:07 -0600

Nikk E.
>I always thought it was MP's after the spell. Anyone care to clarify?

        It is, in fact, intended to be the MPs as the spell is cast, not counting MPs that went into the spell. The idea is that you had those MPs "propelling" the spell when it was cast.

        Thus, if you have 10 MPs and cast a 2-point Demoralize, the spell will have a chance of overcoming your foe as if your MPs were still 10. That's Steve Perrin's intent. Whether you follow it in your campaign is your business, and I can certainly see the attractive simplicity of using the MPs after the spell is cast.

Trotsky
>Make a bison-broo first, then the bison-broo has his wicked way with a
rhinoceros, then that offspring is ready to try it on >with a woolly mammoth, and so on. I'm not sure why broo would *want* to try it the other way (dog>cat>mouse> beetle
>flea), but I'm sure they get desparate enough sometimes...

        Well -- a dog is easier to capture than a bison. We know that there are jackrabbit broo in the Wastes (remember the Leaper gang?). Once you're down to bunny or rubble runner size, mating with a rodent starts sounding more plausible. I doubt it's a planned breeding -- it just kind of happens.

        In fact, the bison/rhino/mammoth/brontosaur broo procedure under normal circs wouldn't be intentional. Some day there will be a broo Einstein who will decide to intentionally breed his brethren for size, humanoid appearance, extra chaos features, or something, and then broos will be a far greater threat than ever before. Imagine the results you could get with a planned eugenics system for broos! In fact, (secret) that's what's going in the Nargan.