Tadaaki's Questions

From: Stephen Martin <ilium_at_juno.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 05:13:15 EST

> 1) Why Androgynous isn't mentioned in KoS though she/he is one of Super
> Heroes? (Shadow's Good Shadow may be she/he ....)

Believe me, this was very intentional on Greg's part -- I had the good fotune to be in contact with Greg while he was writing this, and I brought up Androgeous a number of times, along with some other ... entities ... mentioned in King of Sartar. Some went in (Cragspider, for example, is obscurely mentioned in one part), others did not. Androgeous is conspicuous in her absence, though maybe he will show up in a sequel. :)

> 2) Does Anyone know ten (or more?) Phalanx Cults in Red Army?
> I have heard of Granite, Basalt, Beryl, Marble, Jasper and Malachite
> Phalanx Regiments. And do they have connection with Ten Princes of
> Khordavu ? (I remember someone say so.)

Five or six of the Phalanxes have been destroyed. I don't recall what all of them were, someone else may have the list. Emeraldine is one which has been destroyed, and there is a Quartz Phalanx, I think.

As far as I know, they have absolutely no connection whatsoever to GRoY's Ten Princes.

> 3) Regarding Lunar Regiment Units in WBRM. Where are they stationed,
> especially in Provinces? I know Queen's Regiment and Spell Archers
> are Carmanian Satraps' Regiment and sometimes go to Dragon Pass.
> Of course Tarsh Corps are stationed in Tarsh Kingdom.

Extensive work on the history and locations of many Lunar Empire units was done in the last year, since it was necessary info for the planned Miniatures game. Since that game is now defunct, work is unfinished, though I imagine it will be a primary source of info when/if a new Gloranthan game is published.

I do not have a copy of the first draft of the Lunar Army Book, or I might pull out some useful bits of info for you.

Stephen Martin
ilium_at_juno.com

The Book of Drastic Resolutions
drastic_at_juno.com