Re: Getting stuff

From: David Scott <d.scott_at_nmsi.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 97 11:32:56 +0000

>>Buying OOP RQ2 stuff is harder. I'm looking for Griffin Mountain...

[Snip]

>Griffin Mountain is very hard to get. Even I haven't a copy. *sniff*.
>Most of the stuff in GM has been amply reprinted in Griffin Island
>with RQ3 stats (save for Halcyon vor Enkorth) _except_ for the
>gloranthan details and the maps of Balazar and the Elder Wilds.

Be warned that the Griffin Island stats have changed a lot from Griffin Mountain. The whole Gloranthan angle was eliminated, so the stats don't reflect the originals background. Some such as Torath Manover, have altered so much that they are poor shadows of the originals. Griffin Island also has more detail on the dwarves, which does transfer to Griffin Mountain. Someone once said to me that the Dwarf section has specific dwarven magic not mentioned anywhere else (unless of course you know different).

David

David Scott
mailto:d.scott_at_nmsi.ac.uk
mailto:d.scott_at_ic.ac.uk