Re: Monomyth/Encyclopaedia and "Enclosure"

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 06:35:56 -0500

V.S. reminded me that we've had this argument before, so I went back to V4 #19n to hunt through how we shot him down last time, and found a hope of his (expressed after the worst of the debate was over):

> The next wave of supplements for a Gloranthan RPG should be fairly
> complete studies of a people; their pantheons, myths, and culture.
> With, I'd suggest, guides for play in other historical periods than
> the "Hero Wars" of the old supplements.

Have you bought "Enclosure" yet? If not, go for it! It's a "fairly complete" study of Orlanthi in fourteenth-century Dragon Pass, inc. customised role-playing rules (PenDragon Pass), plus pantheons, myths, heroquests, culture, saga extracts, maps, tribal guides, and more. (And that's not mentioning the excellent stuff on Alkothi).

Do you have a copy already, perhaps? If so, was it what you wanted? If not, I imagine it's *exactly* what you had in mind. And you can give it to players, too, for their fun and profit. And there's loads of support material (Korol's Saga, etc.) on David Dunham's web page.

::::
Nick
::::