Various, especially Boggles.

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 19:27:59 +0000

Thanks to Sergio Mascarenhas for "Arkat's gift": an old theme, but nicely told.

On the Maboder ghost question: surely they have now been avenged, and should roam no more?

On the question of "intro. packs" for cultures, just one plea. A little less of the "what my father told me", and rather more "what my parents told me", please! I'd make exceptions for cultures such as Sun County or the Trolls, where one gender is treated as irrelevant, but for a setting for beginners, putting off half your target audience is hardly a good move.

On White Moonies in Prax, and their influence on Argrath White Bull: this is such a daft idea that it has to be true in some sense. I would point out (having been reading up Jaldon this lunchtime) that Jaldon apears to have got his powers from the statues on that plateau near the Tunneled Hills. He got eating powers, that let him eat the walls of Pavis. Is it coincidence that the way up to those statues is guarded by Boggles, who have perhaps the greatest eating powers in Glorantha, trolls included? If so, did he wrest his powers from said Boggles (he's an avatar of Fate as well as Death, so could be), or is he in fact a dupe of the Boggles, who have been using him for centuries to play a vast joke on the Praxians? If the latter, I seem to remember that only Uleria can defeat the Boggles. The only way to stop AWB is to get him to find his ideal woman and fall in love. I refer you to CHDP:
"Queen Kallyr immediately set to preparing for the Lunar retaliation which she was sure would come. She gained the loyalty of ....Argrath White Bull, of Prax"

Someone stop me, quick!

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #305