RE: The Glorantha Digest V5 #303

From: Bernuetz, Oliver: WPG <Bernuetz.Oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 17:06:33 -0500

Mark Anderson asked:

>here's a weighty matter:
>how do most people pronounce the 'J' in Jrustela/Jrusteli ?

I pronounce it the same as the "j" in jury, i.e. I add a "u" sound in between
the "J" and the "R", ju-ru-stela and ju-ru-steli. Of course I pronounced Cthulhu wrong for the longest time.

Sergio wonders about Peter Metcalfe:
>But now I think about it, I don't know if you are
>some type of cthuloyd monster or the creation of strong AI by the computers

>of the Pentagon...)

I can vouch for him having met Peter but then you've never met me have you?;->

Nick said:

>And Rich (a fellow-sufferer from non-automatic line-lengths) also
>wrote:

>> I strongly support this. Having a self contained "culture in
>> a box" would make it MUCH easier to start and continue a
>> campaign then having to wade through six rule books and a
>> couple of magazines to figure out what the cultural weapons
>> of Ralios-Orlanthi are.

>I couldn't agree more!

Seconded. This would make any new game much more accessible to all players and it would be nice to know things like what a culture wears, what are their favorite colors, etc. Some key myths and a calendar of yearly events would be nice too. Considering the amount of work that's been done on various regions this sort of work could be farmed out. I'd like to see the following regions:

Prax
Sartar
Peloria
Ralios
Kralorela
Pent
Grazers

I know a lot of stuff has already been published on some of these areas but it'd be nice to see a 80-120 page bound book following Nick's guidelines with the key details all in one place. RQ and Glorantha has to be one of the worst systems and worlds for having rule snippets and background scattered hither and yon. (And don't bother flaming me 'cause its my opinion and I own around 40 role playing systems so I consider myself fairly knowledgeable in that area).

I like maps too.

Oliver D. Bernuetz
www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/realm/5545 bernuetz.oliver_at_cbsc.ic.gc.ca