Re: Spirit Cults

From: Andrew Raphael <raphael_at_research.canon.com.au>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:50:25 +1100 (EST)

Forwarded message:
>From were.ralph_at_virgin.net Tue Feb 17 13:03:14 1998
>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 22:00:03 -0800
>From: "were.ralph" <were.ralph_at_virgin.net>
>Subject: Spirit Cults

>a) How do you initially contact a _specific_ spirit?

You find it at a place sacred to it on the mundane or spirit planes. The Firshala spirit from Griffin Mountain was bound on the mundane plane between a couple of menhirs in the wilderness like a huge ghost.

>b) Can you 'worship' more than one, or are you limited to only the one
>divine spell?

Depends on the "size" of the spirit. Firshala had a unique divine spell and some spirit spells.

>c) How do you re-use the spells, do you need to set up your own shrine
>to each spirit? Do you need 'Worship <spirit>' If so, how do you get it?

Yes, yes, and from the spirit.

>d) I assume it is still preferable for him to be an initiate of KL (now
>where is that write up?!) if he wishes to be accepted by other Trolls.

Oh, yes. Note that Kyger Litor _is_ a spirit cult, since it's the worship of the ancestral spirit of the Uz.