Re: Changing God?

From: scp4 <scp4_at_ukc.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 15:00:22 +0000

> The corollary is that if sufficient high-enough-level Heroes and Priests
> of a cult were determined to walk a certain Path, but in a slightly and
> identically different way from the traditional, it can change the
> original Path, and -- this is key -- _become_ the original Path. The
> nature of the God has been changed: from within Time, the nature of the
> God in Time has altered and, from that time henceforth, the new Path is
> the true Path, and all on the Mundane plane perceive it as such. ("I
> thought you were trying to change the God, not do the Heroquest
> straight!" "But we did ... didn't we?")

Minor changes to the true path may be possible it is true and I like that idea but IMHO any major change would lead to the creation of a minor "mirror image" of the god in his altered form in the person of the Superhero himself (let's not kid ourselves someonoe who pulls this off has to be a Super rather than normal(?) Hero). This has of course happened in the "healed" God figures of the Lunar Pantheon. In probability this would be effectively initially at least no more than a hero cult or a spirit cult but given enough followers, hard graft and the cooperation tacit or otherwise of the Old Gods these cults gan grow. Of course without genuine believers the new God will last about ten seconds. Of course this all just speculation. Obviously this is one for referees to watch lest their campaigns escalate into GodQuest tm or worse yet DA&D (rearrange the letters to form the initials of a well-known power gaming system!).

Charlie

This has been a public service announcement for Reality Control

        _at_
       /
       \
        _at_