Minor topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 11:27:15 +1300 (NZDT)

Andrew Staples:

>I came across a reference to Orlanthi head-hunting on one of the articles on
>Loren's web-site (David Cake's Killing People Dead). Superb article, but where
>has this idea of Orlanthi taking heads come from? Is there a published item
>about it, or is it just part of the continual Celtification of Orlanthi?

It's very old and goes back to _Dragon_Pass_ where a unit of Headhunters is listed in the Sartar battalia.

>It just seems a bit too Thanatari to me...

I think it is deliberate as there is a mention in the RQ2 cult writeup of Thanatar of how Than (during the Darkness) was 'prowling the fens of Snake Pipe Hollow with something else's head balanced atop his shoulders...'. This reference was omitted from the RQ3 cult writeup in SotB.

Bill Thompson:

>So if anyone has some examples of Malkoni group combat magic (army vs.
>army) I would appreciate it.

I suppose the Malkioni would have miracles occuring. Think of the Walls of Jericho, the Battle of Antioch (with the Holy Lance), Angels and Saints appearing on the Battlefield. The strength of such manifestations would depend upon the piety of the army.

End of The Glorantha Digest V5 #467