Buggies in the Sky

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:53:36 -0500 (EST)

Paul Stolar raises some perplexing questions: I'll only tackle one.

>1. How does one reconsile flying insects, since insects are darkness
>creatures and flight is an air/sky domain?
Or, for that matter, swimming insects (water's domain), or burrowing insects (earth's domain). As an uzophile, I'd say this represents Gorakiki's partial conquests in those areas over the puny surface races. Another explanation in some cases might be that insect demigods made pacts with other gods (eg, butterflies and Chalana Arroy).

Lots of animal species where they don't belong in Glorantha -- in each case, the opportunity for a good story to explain why (like, say, flying fish, and dolphins, and owls, and penguins, and such).