Re: Skyriver Titan

From: TTrotsky <TTrotsky_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:23:16 EDT

Eric Hansen

 <<There are certainly other sources of rain, in a mythic sense, but what I want to know is how important the myth of Skyriver Titan is to the water resources of Dragon Pass,>>

     IMO, its significant, but not vital. I don't think many regions beyond Far Point and Snakepipe Hollow would be seriously affected. And serve them sun-worshipping Yelmalions right!

<< and what other myths there are about how the region gets its rainfall.
>From Heler, the rainmaker, I guess,>>

     Indeed. Heler supplies most of the rain in Dragon Pass IMO, which is why stopping that caused by Skyriver Titan isn't going to be so catastrophic for most regions.

 << Are there any anti-drought heroquests the Orlanthi, or other peoples of the area use? What are they?>>

       Such myths do exist, and Greg got a team of people to perform one at Convulsion '96 (not with much success, thankfully; the weather remained sunny throughout the convention). It was a while ago now, and I don't recall the details that well, so I'm sure somebody who took part can give a better resume than I.

 <<Also, how much of a chaos nest would a dried up Skyfall Lake become, assuming there is a God-time city of chaos there?>>

      I think it would just extend the bounds of the Snakepipe Hollow chaos nest. Which is obviously pretty bad news if you happen to live in Far Point, but, again, not a disaster on a continental scale :-)

Forward the glorious Red Army!

     Trotsky